When selling your home, a Realtor’s word-of-mouth reputation and personal references are important, but choosing a Realtor should be seen, first and foremost, as a business decision. Your Realtor is your representative with whom you will share a lot of time as well as personal and financial information with, so it needs to be someone you feel comfortable with and trust. It’s smart to be choosy! A great Realtor can help sell your home faster, and for more money. Choose poorly, and your listing might become stale, then the lowballing bargain hunters come circling—it’s not pretty.
With this in mind, interviewing potential Realtors is a critical, but often overlooked, step in the process of selling your home. We recommend interviewing three different brokerages to see who aligns best with you personally and professionally. Below are some common interview questions to guide you on the quest to sell your home.
- How many homes have you sold in the last year?
- Are you a year round resident and full time realtor?
- What sets you apart from other realtors?
- What are the market conditions and how does it effect me?
- How close to the asking price have you gotten for the homes you have sold?
- What is the average number of days it takes you to sell a home?
- What strategies will you use to market my home?
- What marketing strategies are unique to you?
- Do you have a professional photographer?
- Do you work as part of a team?
- What kind of support do you have to help you handle all your transactions?
- What will you charge to sell my home and why?
- How will you communicate with me regarding the progress of my home’s sale?
When you’re ready to sell your home, Chisum Realty Group would like to interview to be your Realtor. Contact one of our Listing Specialists at 575.377.2321 to learn what makes us different.