As New Mexico navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, we are gathering and providing the latest information here. Please check back often as we update this page with current information from the State of New Mexico as well as our local communities. Our small mountain communities have very limited health care resources, so let’s take care of each other.
STATE OF NEW MEXICO
- Both Taos & Colfax County are currently in Turquoise Level (Low Risk!) with the following restrictions.
- Essential businesses (non-retail): No capacity restrictions but operations must be limited to only those absolutely necessary to carry out essential functions
- Essential retail spaces: 75% of maximum capacity indoors; no restrictions on outdoor spaces.
- Food and drink establishments (if NM Safe Certified): 75% of maximum capacity for indoor dining; 75% of maximum capacity for outdoor dining
- Close-contact businesses: 75% of maximum capacity; no restrictions on outdoor spaces
- Large entertainment venues: 33% of maximum capacity for any indoor/enclosed space on premises; 75% of any outdoor space on premises
- Recreational facilities: 50% of maximum capacity of any indoor/enclosed space on the premises; 75% of any outdoor space on premises
- Bars and clubs: 33% of maximum capacity of any indoor/enclosed space on premises; 75% of any outdoor space on premises, where applicable
- All other businesses: 75% of maximum capacity indoors; no restrictions on outdoor spaces
- Houses of worship: May hold religious services, indoors or outdoors, or provide services through audiovisual means, but may not exceed 75% of the maximum capacity of any enclosed space on the premises
- Places of lodging: No maximum occupancy restrictions for those that have completed NM Safe Certified training; 50% of maximum occupancy for all others; 15 guests maximum for vacation rentals
- Mass gatherings limit: 150 persons, or 200 vehicles
- Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham Press Releases
- NM Covid-safe best practices for individuals and employers
- Covid-19 Data Map (NM health Public Dashboard)
- Angel Fire Resort (COVID-19 Updates)
- Red River Ski & Summer opens for summer activities (COVID updates)
- Face coverings are required in the Town of Taos. (Up to a $500 fine and 90 days in jail)
Taos Ski Valley:
- Visit What to Expect for a complete schedule and updates.
If you have any questions or just want a local’s perspective, feel free to give our team members a call at 575-377-2321.